This isn’t just about managing accounts. This is about the big picture, the whole enchilada. As an Account Manager at Portent – you have the opportunity to affect the marketing mix and business outcomes of some of the most interesting brands in the world. Major brands like Kate Spade, Princess Cruises, Hewlett-Packard, as well as start-ups making a name for themselves.
We like thinkers. We like doers. We like people who work hard, take initiative and aren’t satisfied with ‘fine.’ If you think like we do, keep reading.
Account Managers at Portent orchestrate a mix of services across the internet marketing stack, including SEO, paid online advertising, social media, creative and analytics – to help brands achieve amazing results with their consumers. You help influence their path, ensure we deliver on what we promise, and broker the connection with our internal teams and the clients’.
As Account Manager, you’ll be responsible for all client-facing interaction that comes out of Portent. You’ll manage about 8 brands, which span company size, industry and level of marketing maturity – it’s always an interesting challenge! Additionally, you’ll be asked to find and support new opportunities with existing and new clients through business development efforts.
You can expect any given day to include:
- Managing client relationships through goal setting, campaign execution and the reporting of results
- Developing and effectively communicating marketing strategy both internally and to the client
- Coordinating with our project management and subject matter experts to ensure excellent results
- Practicing effective, excellent communication with management, customers and support staff
- Participating in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care
- Engaging with our practice leads and leadership team to uncover new ways to approach marketing based on key trends and opportunities unique to your accounts
- Identifying new ways to work to effect change amongst peers for best-in-class client service
- Travel to customer locations in support of relationship and sales efforts
The Ideal Candidate
We’re not looking for a unicorn. These people do exist. And if you are one of them, we want to talk to you. As a big thinker and doer, we hope you look a little like this:
Experienced. 3-5 years of account management, client service, or sales experience. Work with establishing strategy and setting goals with a client is highly desired.
Domain. Internet marketing knowledge or comparable experience managing campaigns in SEO, PPC, and social media, preferably in an agency setting
Relationships Above All Else. You can connect personally with anyone. More than that, you have a desire, even an obsession, to bring new customers into the Portent team and maximize revenue. You are a closer.
Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
Missionary. Highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and a belief in Portent’s mission. You can go beyond relationship management.
Go-Getter. Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
Portent, Inc. is a Seattle-based digital marketing agency that helps brands build meaningful relationships with consumers online. By bridging together data, design and discoverability practices, Portent offers brands an end-to-end marketing strategy that provides C-Suite executives, marketers, and their agencies a 360-degree view of their campaign spend. Ian Lurie, one of the world’s top experts on Internet, search and social media marketing, founded Portent in 1995.
Our work environment is fast-paced but fun. We offer opportunity for advancement in addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401k.
Please include a one page cover letter describing why you would be a good fit along with your resume when applying for this position.