Technical SEO Strategist
Who We Expect to Hire
Portent Inc. seeks a SEO Strategist to join our growing team. 2-3 years’ experience in agency SEO or 3+ years in-house required. Must be analytical, creative, extremely detail-oriented, an independent worker, and have excellent communication skills. Excel wizardry and Google Analytics mastery will get you to the top of the queue.
You will handle day-to-day maintenance of multiple client sites, using hand and automated tools. You will be responsible for making recommendations both onsite and offsite, growing organic traffic and executing marketing campaigns in addition to communicating with clients both verbally and in writing regarding your recommendations.
Salary negotiable depending on experience. This is an in office position. No telecommuting.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years professional agency SEO experience or 3+ years in house
- Comprehensive understanding of Google/Bing ranking factors & on-site SEO
- Understanding of online marketing strategy and tactics
- Understanding of social media, specifically social media for SEO
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong Google Analytics skills
- Experience in link profile analysis
- Experience in log file analysis
- Comfortable in a fast-paced working environment
- Great communication skills, can explain SEO whether writing or speaking
- Vertical search experience with YouTube, Google Places, Google Shopping, etc.
- Advanced Excel skills (pivots, functions/formulas, the more, the better)
- Advanced Google Analytics skills
- Experience working on 10,000+ page sites
- Experience with large data analysis across multiple tools and/or data sets
To apply to this position, send us your resume, short cover letter and include the answer to this question:
If you could steal someone’s identity for a day, who would it be? And why?