Who We Expect to Hire
Portent Inc. seeks a SEO Strategist to join our growing team. 2-3 years’ experience in agency SEO or 3+ years in-house required. Must be analytical, creative, extremely detail-oriented, an independent worker, and have excellent communication skills. Excel wizardry and Google Analytics mastery will get you to the top of the queue.
You will handle day-to-day maintenance of multiple client sites, using hand and automated tools. You will be responsible for making recommendations both onsite and offsite, growing organic traffic and executing marketing campaigns in addition to communicating with clients both verbally and in writing regarding your recommendations.
Salary negotiable depending on experience. This is an in office position. No telecommuting.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A strong understanding of search engines, how they work, and the factors involved in rankings
- Knowledge or Experience in:
- Onsite/Technical SEO
- Offsite SEO (Link building, social media)
- Content Strategy
- User Experience design
- Information Architecture
- 2+ years professional agency SEO experience, working directly with clients
- Intermediate understanding of Analytics, Social Media and Content Marketing
- Intermediate Google Analytics experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Advanced Excel skills (pivots, functions/formulas, the more, the better)
- Experience working on large sites
To apply for this position, send us your resume, short cover letter and include the answer to this question:
If you could steal someone’s identity for a day, who would it be? And why?