You know how to dig through data to drive decisions about the human element of Internet marketing. You know how to build a content strategy that evokes loyalty and can back it up with copy that inspires and directs. If you’re nodding your head and smiling right now, Portent’s content team wants to hear from you.
Portent’s content strategists are multidisciplinary professionals driven to pursue and possess mastery of:
- Strategic ideation and planning;
- Copywriting; and
- Content architecture and delivery.
We’re concerned with the “what,” “why,” and “how” of producing and delivering content that will resonate with and activate our client’s audiences. Our work involves ideating and developing content strategies on behalf of clients in a wide range of industries; copywriting at the highest and most camera-ready level; and the nitty gritty work of content inventories, copyediting and other tactical work designed to advance our clients’ content performance.
Strong, camera-ready writing and copyediting skills are presumed. A collaborative cross-channel approach to crafting high-quality user experiences is essential. As a team, we value taking an audience-first approach to our work. We thrive on transparency, expertise, and Portent’s teaching-and-learning culture. With our clients and each other, we’re natural teachers and coaches: with how quickly content strategy changes and adapts, it’s necessary that we bring both expertise and curiosity to this work in order to deliver top-notch results for our clients.
Portent’s strategists generate best-in-class work product, demonstrate high EQ and intellectual curiosity, and approach our work with a service orientation.
If you share those values, and meet or exceed the requirements below, then we need to talk.
- 2+ years of experience as an integrated marketing copywriter and/or brand storyteller
- 2+ years of experience as a strategic content ideator for a brand or organization
- 1+ years of experience in a content strategy capacity working with more than one organization
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience administering relationships with freelance writers and other content creators to ensure on-time high-quality delivery of delegated work
- Excellent attention to detail, copyediting, and writing skills, and the ability to generate polished, publishable, client-ready copy on tight schedules
- A working knowledge and interest in content marketing performance metrics and content performance analysis
- Experience working in online marketing in-house with brands and in an agency setting
- Ability to juggle production work with other types of projects and deliverables, and the ability to switch gears with nimbleness to work on both tactical and strategic projects
- Ability to perform and analyze content audits and develop strategic documents and style guides (including voice, tone and style) for clients
- A working knowledge of what characteristics contribute to content virality and social sharing
Send a resume and/or URLs for a blog/online portfolio, a cover email, and a writing sample to email@example.com. In your cover email, please answer the following two questions in a paragraph or less each:
Which keyword phrase in this job description most piqued your interest in this content strategist role at Portent, and why?
What does “content strategy” mean to you, in practice?
About Portent, Inc.
Portent is a Seattle-based full service Internet marketing company. Founded in 1995, Portent has grown into one of the nation’s premier firms, helping business clients achieve their goals by utilizing expert knowledge in the realms of SEO, paid search, social media, analytics, copywriting, web development, and more. Portent’s approach has succeeded in industries ranging from technology to travel, for B2B, B2C and B2G companies and is now poised for even greater growth within an expanding industry.
Portent is committed to working with smart, curious and high-performing leaders who embrace the principles of integrity, respect, personal responsibility, teamwork and growth.