Predictive Analytics Demigod
Build a predictive analytics marketing platform and design algorithms to predict behaviors and trends across very large data sets. The work environment features short release cycles, experienced and talented employees, and is fast-paced. You should be someone who takes pride in your work, honors your commitments, and enjoys working with teammates to find creative solutions to thorny problems. If you want to work on the cutting edge of predictive analytics and Big Data this job is for you!
- Help build a market changing predictive analytics platform on highly scalable Big Data infrastructure and tools such as Hadoop, Pig, Hive, etc.
- Apply advanced analytic techniques such as machine learning, data mining and statistical modeling to design and implement mathematical models and algorithms to solve real-world problems for our clients and enrich our product features.
- Build and test analytic models to incrementally improve the relevance of predictions.
- Design and analyze A/B experiments that validate different optimization and solution approaches, and to calibrate model parameters.
- Act as an expert and evangelist in areas of data mining, machine learning, statistics, and analytics.
- Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics or Operations Research, or equivalent expertise in data mining, machine learning, optimization algorithms or predictive analytics.
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and statistics
- Knowledge of data mining and analytic methods such as clustering, association rules, decision trees, Bayesian network analysis, etc.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language (e.g. Java, C++).
- Working experience with one or more scripting environments: bash, perl, python, ruby or groovy.
- Experience with RDBMS/SQL, working with large-scale databases or Big Data frameworks and tools such as Hadoop, Pig, Hive, etc.
- Experienced in software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, continuous integration, testing, deployment and operational support.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch in an agile program management environment.
Like a clever viral ad, our internet marketing agency provides an atmosphere of zealous strategy and unwavering wit. We’re driven experts devoted to delivering top-notch work and learning top-notch skills. Our ideal candidate thrives in a choose-your-own adventure environment where each day is different, and where you are free (and encouraged) to customize your work experience. Why not work in a place where your advancement is determined by your initiative?
How to Apply to Portent:
Please send us a resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.