Social Media Specialist / Strategist
We’re adding Social Media Specialists and Strategists to our pool of talent for potential upcoming projects in the Portent pipeline.
Have you mastered the art of social on behalf of a variety of brands, targeted to a variety of audiences? Do you delight in taking “tough” social media questions from clients and translating them into actionable advice? Do you eat obscure Facebook Insights data for breakfast? Do you long to build a long-term relationship with a wacky, fun, professional team with one of Seattle’s smartest internet marketing agencies?
Having a Facebook account and Twitter following isn’t enough. Loving social media isn’t enough. We need an experienced, detail-oriented social media professional with the savvy to dig into the “why” behind the “what” and the experience to think beyond social platforms, to tap into how to create customer experiences that get people talking. Proven social media chops and strong business writing and editing skills are essential.
As a social division, we value transparency, expertise, and Portent’s teaching-and-learning culture. With our clients and each other we’re natural teachers and coaches: with how quickly social changes and adapts, it’s necessary that we bring both expertise and curiosity to this work in order to deliver top-notch results for our clients.
If you share those values, and meet or exceed the requirements below, then we need to talk.
- Specialist: 1+ year of experience with an in-house marketing team involving social media responsibilities and/or 1+ year of experience with an agency digital engagement or content strategy team
- Strategist: 3+ years of social strategy experience in-house and in an agency setting
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail, copyediting, and writing skills, and the ability to generate polished, publishable, client-ready copy on tight schedules
- Ability to tailor advice to specific clients and their target audiences: adopt the client’s voice, tone and style, and craft social experiences customized to activate their audience
- Experience listening, responding and publishing to social media channels as an administrator on behalf of a company or brand
- Experience analyzing social analytics both from scratch and using dashboard-based tools
- Ability to juggle social “listening” and monitoring with work on projects and deliverables, and the ability to switch gears to work on both tactical and strategic projects
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a cover email, including a paragraph-long or less story about a situation that has put your strategic problem-solving tools to the test. Also, please indicate whether you’re looking for contract / freelance or FT / perm opportunities (or if you’re flexible).
- a resume and/or URLs for a blog/online portfolio, and
- a writing sample. The form of your writing sample isn’t important: it can be a blog post, a memo, a written strategy – whatever you choose. Just show us that you can:
- take a social media question, platform, or issue,
- research it,
- analyze it, and
- present actionable client-ready advice in response.
About Portent, Inc.
Portent is a Seattle-based full service internet marketing company. Founded in 1995, Portent has grown into one of the nation’s premier firms, helping business clients achieve their goals by utilizing expert knowledge in the realms of SEO, paid search, social media, analytics, copywriting, web development, and more. Portent’s approach has succeeded in industries ranging from technology to travel, for B2B, B2C and B2G companies and is now poised for even greater growth within an expanding industry.
Portent is committed to working with smart, curious and high-performing leaders who embrace the principles of integrity, respect, personal responsibility, teamwork and growth.