7 Things Most Web Analytics Packages Can Tell You
Ian Lurie Apr 18 2007
- Where people are coming from (what web site).
- What keywords they use to find you.
- Which pages on your site are most popular.
- Which pages on your site drive people away.
- How much time visitors spend on your site.
- How many people come to your site.
- Which days of the week are the busiest.
There are certainly others. But if your web traffic reporting doesn’t give you at least this much, look around. There are plenty of free or really low-cost options that will. For example:
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint.He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More