Introducing Pythia: Social Analytics
Ian Lurie Jul 2 2007
We’ve just launched a free social media analytics tool. It’s called Pythia.
The free version of Pythia measures your marketing campaigns based on several metrics:
- Links pointing to your site, according to Yahoo!.
- Pages from your site in the Yahoo! index.
- Links pointing to your site, according to Technorati.
- Posts mentioning your site, according to Del.icio.us.
- And mentions of your site on Bloglines.
- Changes in all of these metrics, over time.
The paid version also adds:
- Site ranking for specific keywords.
- Changes in rankings over time.
Pythia doesn’t re-invent anything, nor is it revolutionary in the data it collects. It is, however, a great dashboard, and one of a very small handful of tools that collect and save these metrics so that you can see changes over time.
I’m very excited about this tool. I could prattle on, but instead, I’ll let you see a sample report page and say ‘go try it’. I invite any feedback you’ve got.
Here’s what it looks like:
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More