SEO Copywriting: How Much? And How Often?
Ian Lurie Dec 22 2008
“How much do I need to write if I want to be #1?”
I hear that question a lot. The short answer is: “As much as gets you there. Not one word more.”
But I do have some basic rules of thumb.
They’re basic. Very basic.
So I decided to write ‘em down, and have some fun with Google Knol, at the same time:
SEO Copywriting Frequency.
The simple criteria I set out in the article has worked well for me over the years. But people still look at me like I’m a moron when I bring it up. So feel free to review, curse, comment on how stupid I am, etc. on Knol, for all the world to see.
SEO Copywriting 101: Search Engines Ain’t That Smart
A Copywriter’s Guide to Semantic Markup
A Copywriter’s Guide to Linking
And of course my E-book on SEO Copywriting
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More
- Content Actually is All Around (Not Just on Your Blog)
- Portent’s Kitten Moodinator: When Content Isn’t Words
- 7.5 Tips for Becoming a Brainstorming Genius
- Why You Should Add “Building a Lexicon” to Your Copywriting Toolkit
- 3 Ways to Keep Content Zombies from Eating Your Brains
- How to Blog: Humanizing Your Brand