SEO Copywriting: How Much? And How Often?
Ian Lurie Dec 22 2008
“How much do I need to write if I want to be #1?”
I hear that question a lot. The short answer is: “As much as gets you there. Not one word more.”
But I do have some basic rules of thumb.
They’re basic. Very basic.
So I decided to write ‘em down, and have some fun with Google Knol, at the same time:
SEO Copywriting Frequency.
The simple criteria I set out in the article has worked well for me over the years. But people still look at me like I’m a moron when I bring it up. So feel free to review, curse, comment on how stupid I am, etc. on Knol, for all the world to see.
SEO Copywriting 101: Search Engines Ain’t That Smart
A Copywriter’s Guide to Semantic Markup
A Copywriter’s Guide to Linking
And of course my E-book on SEO Copywriting
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint.He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More
- Create Valuable Marketing Campaigns: Start with Strategy, Build with Imagination
- 20 Copywriting Disasters: Webinar Slides, Video
- Blog Strategy: Think Inside the TV
- Content Actually is All Around (Not Just on Your Blog)
- Portent’s Kitten Moodinator: When Content Isn’t Words
- 7.5 Tips for Becoming a Brainstorming Genius