An Un-modest Brag
Ian Lurie Apr 30 2005
Last year Portent redesigned Dessy.com. It was our second iteration of the site in four years, and we really liked it.
Turns out some other folks did, too – Dessy.com won Macromedia Site of the Day yesterday, proving that you can conduct a fundamentally sound Internet marketing campaign and still look cool, too.
And proving that sometimes it’s OK to brag, just a little…
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He is co-author of the 2nd edition of the Web Marketing All-In-One for Dummies and wrote the sections on SEO, blogging, social media and web analytics. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. And, Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Read More
- Do You Use Data To Improve Your Website Design?
- How to use Intention.js for Responsive Design
- What Does a Degree in Architecture Have to Do with Web Design & Development?
- A Front-End Workflow For The Evolving Web
- Stop Writing Blog Posts: Ideas for Interactive Content
- Parallax Scrolling? HTML5 Animations? Why We’re Falling for New Design Techniques