Key to a Great Web Site: Fire the Committee
Ian Lurie Oct 11 2007
“Fire the committee. No great website in history has been conceived of by more than three people. Not one. This is a dealbreaker.”
Web design by community never works. The 2-3 times I’ve seen it tried, design stretched out for months, my designers started developing nervous twitches, and the final product was either bland or downright lousy.
Please, take some leadership: If you’re in charge of marketing, you decide how the site should look.
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More
- How to use Intention.js for Responsive Design
- What Does a Degree in Architecture Have to Do with Web Design & Development?
- A Front-End Workflow For The Evolving Web
- Stop Writing Blog Posts: Ideas for Interactive Content
- Parallax Scrolling? HTML5 Animations? Why We’re Falling for New Design Techniques
- Portent.com: They’ve gone to plaid