10 Must-Have Internet Marketing Tools
…that you may not know about.
Not in any particular order:
- Google Trends is fun, and a great measure of changes in search patterns over time.
- SEOMOZ.org has a host of search engine optimization tools you can use to evaluate the strength of your site, the competitiveness of a particular space, and any potential SEO dealbreakers.
- Nielsen NetRatings provides lots of great reports for free, and priceless data if you subscribe. Look under ‘Resources’ for the free stuff.
- WordTracker is another great keyword mining resource, if you’re an SEO addict.
- Technorati measure the blogging world, allowing you to see who’s hot and who’s not in a specific topic area, and allowing you to find niches.
- Blogpulse is another awesome blogging measurement tool. Unlike Technorati, Blogpulse lets you measure trends in mention of topics. Beware, this one’s addictive.
- Copyscape lets you find out who’s plagiarizing your content.
- Design Meltdown is just a wonderful catalog of cool designs, organized by theme. I go there whenever I’m experiencing creative brainlock.
- Marketing Sherpa is a goldmine of case studies, benchmarks and reports. They charge for just about everything, but it’s worth it.
- Your brain. Oft forgotten, usually maligned, this resource can’t be plagiarized or infected by computer viruses (not directly, anyway). It’s still the most powerful computer you’ve got.