10 Must-Have Internet Marketing Tools
Ian Lurie Feb 8 2007
…that you may not know about.
Not in any particular order:
- Google Trends is fun, and a great measure of changes in search patterns over time.
- SEOMOZ.org has a host of search engine optimization tools you can use to evaluate the strength of your site, the competitiveness of a particular space, and any potential SEO dealbreakers.
- Nielsen NetRatings provides lots of great reports for free, and priceless data if you subscribe. Look under ‘Resources’ for the free stuff.
- WordTracker is another great keyword mining resource, if you’re an SEO addict.
- Technorati measure the blogging world, allowing you to see who’s hot and who’s not in a specific topic area, and allowing you to find niches.
- Blogpulse is another awesome blogging measurement tool. Unlike Technorati, Blogpulse lets you measure trends in mention of topics. Beware, this one’s addictive.
- Copyscape lets you find out who’s plagiarizing your content.
- Design Meltdown is just a wonderful catalog of cool designs, organized by theme. I go there whenever I’m experiencing creative brainlock.
- Marketing Sherpa is a goldmine of case studies, benchmarks and reports. They charge for just about everything, but it’s worth it.
- Your brain. Oft forgotten, usually maligned, this resource can’t be plagiarized or infected by computer viruses (not directly, anyway). It’s still the most powerful computer you’ve got.
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More
- Everything I Needed To Know About Marketing I Learned Playing Dungeons & Dragons
- 6 Reasons We All Need To Stop Complaining
- Internet Marketing Lessons Learned from Walking the AWP Book Fair
- Advertising Will Soon Reach a Digital Tipping Point
- As Good as It Gets: What dating can teach us about email marketing.
- Open Letter to CMOs: Confessions of a Digital Marketing Agency