11 ways to be a schmuck
Ian Lurie Nov 19 2009
- Use Twitter auto-follow tools.
- Cut other people down.
- Sell products you know are crappy.
- Don’t take advice. Ever.
- WRITE E-MAILS IN ALL CAPS.
- Misuse words. Amelioratingly.
- Latch onto one idea and don’t let go. Two legs good, four legs baaaaad.
- Whatever you do, never admit you’re wrong.
- Whatever you do, never stop reminding others of their mistakes.
- Let fear rule your marketing.
- Sell to the loophole, not the customer.
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More
- Everything I Needed To Know About Marketing I Learned Playing Dungeons & Dragons
- 6 Reasons We All Need To Stop Complaining
- Internet Marketing Lessons Learned from Walking the AWP Book Fair
- Advertising Will Soon Reach a Digital Tipping Point
- As Good as It Gets: What dating can teach us about email marketing.
- Open Letter to CMOs: Confessions of a Digital Marketing Agency