11 ways to be a schmuck
Ian Lurie Nov 19 2009
- Use Twitter auto-follow tools.
- Cut other people down.
- Sell products you know are crappy.
- Don’t take advice. Ever.
- WRITE E-MAILS IN ALL CAPS.
- Misuse words. Amelioratingly.
- Latch onto one idea and don’t let go. Two legs good, four legs baaaaad.
- Whatever you do, never admit you’re wrong.
- Whatever you do, never stop reminding others of their mistakes.
- Let fear rule your marketing.
- Sell to the loophole, not the customer.
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He is co-author of the 2nd edition of the Web Marketing All-In-One for Dummies and wrote the sections on SEO, blogging, social media and web analytics. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. And, Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Read More