A (very) Brief Rant
Ian Lurie Jun 5 2006
Three terms that make my right eye twitch:
Web 2.0 isn’t. Someone building a ‘web 2.0′ web site is building a better web site. It’s not some sea change in how web sites work.
A blog is not a revolution in internet technology. Blogging software is just a form of content management.
Viral marketing is just marketing that works. It’s not injected, sprayed into the air or otherwise magical. It’s just a piece of marketing that gets passed around. And it’s not just an internet thing, either.
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More
- Everything I Needed To Know About Marketing I Learned Playing Dungeons & Dragons
- 6 Reasons We All Need To Stop Complaining
- Internet Marketing Lessons Learned from Walking the AWP Book Fair
- Advertising Will Soon Reach a Digital Tipping Point
- As Good as It Gets: What dating can teach us about email marketing.
- Open Letter to CMOs: Confessions of a Digital Marketing Agency