Amazon Marketing Bloopers
Ian Lurie Mar 29 2006
Mike sent me a priceless e-mail from Amazon.com. Here’s the important content:
“For the next few days, you can pre-order your copy at a savings of 0% by following the link below.”
Then below you see that the price is $6.96, for a savings of $.03.
No doubt, this was generated by some of Amazon’s amazing personalization technology. I’m not being sarcastic – it really is amazing. But sometimes automation isn’t a good thing. If I were Amazon I’d put something in place to filter out 0% savings offers, plus something to avoid sending $.03 discounts to folks…
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More
- Marketing Tactics so Contagious, Even a Professional Isn’t Immune
- The Marketing Stack, aka: Why Do You Keep Getting Fired?
- Everything I Needed To Know About Marketing I Learned Playing Dungeons & Dragons
- 6 Reasons We All Need To Stop Complaining
- Internet Marketing Lessons Learned from Walking the AWP Book Fair
- Advertising Will Soon Reach a Digital Tipping Point