Another Term Opportunity Slips Away
Ian Lurie Oct 19 2005
Put another way, it’s all about buying ads on lots of small, topical sites and then measuring the return.
What a shock.
Excuse me for ranting for a second, but every marketer knows that’s what we’ve been doing online all along. Sure, folks buy major ads on huge sites like AOL. But you can do very well buying ads on small, niche sites too. Whether that site is a blog or a ‘regular’ web site (whatever that means) seems irrelevant to me. And when blogs are long gone as a separate entity on the web, the strategy will still be a vialbe one.
OK, end of rant…
The article, by the way, is on http://www.webmasterworld.com. Click here to read it.
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More
- Everything I Needed To Know About Marketing I Learned Playing Dungeons & Dragons
- 6 Reasons We All Need To Stop Complaining
- Internet Marketing Lessons Learned from Walking the AWP Book Fair
- Advertising Will Soon Reach a Digital Tipping Point
- As Good as It Gets: What dating can teach us about email marketing.
- Open Letter to CMOs: Confessions of a Digital Marketing Agency