Get a $500 Website Review, Free
Ian Lurie Oct 7 2009
Update: Submissions are now closed. I’ll be announcing the winners on October 21st (or 22nd). Thanks everyone who submitted. I am, by the way, still accepting bribes.
Something’s wrong with your web site. Let me restate that: Something’s wrong with your web site. There’s always room to improve your search rankings, copy, design, usability or marketing campaign.
You can get advice from your cousin’s brother’s sister’s friend who once worked at a company where she got to build the corporate site using Microsoft Word.
Or, you can talk to an expert. But experts cost money, and you don’t have a lot of money these days (hell, who does?), so you go the Microsoft Word route. But when you’re done, you feel like you spent hours on a treadmill: You’re sweaty, but you didn’t get anywhere.
Well, here’s your shot at a bit of free consulting, 1-on-1 via phone, with an expert: Me!
According to Malcom Gladwell in Outliers, 10,000 hours in a given subject is a critical step to expert status. I ran the numbers, and I’ve put in close to 30,000 hours into my Internet marketing career. That proves two things: I have no hobbies; and I have a smidge of expertise as an Internet marketer. Don’t you think?
I’ve launched a new Internet marketing consulting service called 10Things.
For $500 I:
- Review your site;
- Write a report listing 10 things I feel will improve the site’s SEO performance, sales/lead generation or anything else that can improve your Internet marketing campaign;
- and then spend an hour on the phone with you reviewing my findings.
To kick off the service, I’m offering 3 of these consults for free. Here’s how you can win one:
- Write 1 paragraph about why I should review your site. Hilarity is welcome. Embarrassing photos are not.
- Post that paragraph on your own site or blog or leave it as a comment, below.
- If you post it to your own web site or blog, be sure to e-mail me at ian AT portent DOT com.
- Wait patiently.
I’ll pick the winners next week. If you win, I’ll review your site and spend an hour on the phone with you, reviewing my recommendations.
In case you’re wondering…
I’ve been doing short reviews for a while as part of this blog. Here’s one:
If I can cover that much ground in 20 minutes, imagine what you can get in 60?
Sign up quick – I’m picking winners in 1 week.
You can read more about the 10Things program here.
Back to our regularly scheduled programming tomorrow.
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More
- Open Letter to CMOs: Confessions of a Digital Marketing Agency
- Why Brand Managers Must Sweat the Small Stuff… and it’s ALL Small Stuff
- The Humungous Guide to Content Strategy
- Portent’s Top 10 Posts of 2013 (So Far…)
- Parallax Scrolling? HTML5 Animations? Why We’re Falling for New Design Techniques
- How Google Ruined Marketing