Google Mini Appliance
Ian Lurie Jan 13 2005
Google has introduced a new search appliance, and I’m pretty damned happy about it. Those of you who know me know that that means a LOT. So what’s the big deal? Usability…
The Google engine is fast, sophisticated and accurate. It also paved new ground in the search usability field.
With the Mini, you can capitalize on Google’s good fortunes, and add their smart search engine, branded for your site, to your web presence. That means usable, contingency-smart search for your site.
Imagine having users on your own site get a nice, helpful message when they perform a search:
“You could also try ‘widgets in blue’”
That feature alone, combined with blazing fast reporting, search and automatic indexing of web pages, PDFs, Word Documents and more, make the Mini a great tool. You can read more about it here.
Visitors’ ability to find information on your site is ultimate arbiter of your success – at $5000, the Google Mini is a a credit-card away from helping you get there. Personally, I’m cutting back on chocolate and video games for a few months so I can add one to my toy box…
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More
- Marketing Tactics so Contagious, Even a Professional Isn’t Immune
- The Marketing Stack, aka: Why Do You Keep Getting Fired?
- Everything I Needed To Know About Marketing I Learned Playing Dungeons & Dragons
- 6 Reasons We All Need To Stop Complaining
- Internet Marketing Lessons Learned from Walking the AWP Book Fair
- Advertising Will Soon Reach a Digital Tipping Point