Happy Cyber Monday
Tom Schmitz Nov 29 2010
Today is Cyber Monday, the first Monday after Thanksgiving. Cyber Monday got its start in the days when most homes still used dial-up Internet access or had no Internet at all. *shudder* Businesses were hooking-up to broadband and employees soon found that they could shop faster and more effectively at the office. Logic has it that if the Friday after Thanksgiving is one of the busiest shopping days of the year then the following Monday, when everyone goes back to work, must be one of the busiest online shopping days. Now that most homes are connected via broadband Cyber Monday has lost some of the shine behind the logic, but that will not stop online retailers from trying to send you a Cyber Monday deal.
- Everything I Needed To Know About Marketing I Learned Playing Dungeons & Dragons
- 6 Reasons We All Need To Stop Complaining
- Internet Marketing Lessons Learned from Walking the AWP Book Fair
- Advertising Will Soon Reach a Digital Tipping Point
- As Good as It Gets: What dating can teach us about email marketing.
- Open Letter to CMOs: Confessions of a Digital Marketing Agency