New infographic: Internet marketing planner
Ian Lurie May 16 2011
I just finished a new chart. It maps out the typical steps I take when reviewing an internet marketing campaign for the first time.
I was inspired by Julian Hansen’s So You Need A Typeface piece.
While it doesn’t have every single step/channel/tactic in it, it does give you a high-level view of the various strategies (SEO, PPC, social media, etc.) and when and how I recommend them.
Download it. Look at it. Tell your friends.
Just don’t print it unless you have a large-format printer, or you want to waste lots of paper. It’s pretty big.
*It’s not really an infographic – it’s a flow chart. But since the entire world has forgotten what a ‘flow chart’ is, and starts salivating at the word ‘infographic’, I used that in the title. Poetic license. Marketing compromise. Selling my soul. Call it what you will.
[ An internet marketing planner - PNG format - 200kb ]
Slightly prettier version:
[ An internet marketing planner - PNG format - 670kb ]
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More
- The Marketing Stack, aka: Why Do You Keep Getting Fired?
- Open Letter to CMOs: Confessions of a Digital Marketing Agency
- Why Brand Managers Must Sweat the Small Stuff… and it’s ALL Small Stuff
- The Humungous Guide to Content Strategy
- Portent’s Top 10 Posts of 2013 (So Far…)
- Parallax Scrolling? HTML5 Animations? Why We’re Falling for New Design Techniques