The internet marketing priority list
In internet marketing, your top priorities are, in this order:
- Appeal. A desirable product.
- Quality. A product that doesn’t suck once people have it.
- Visibility. People have to find you when they need you.
- Stability. Your web site has to work.
- Ease of use. Make your site so easy to use, a brain-dead zombie could become a customer.
- Speed. Always strive to cut load times in half.
- Clarity. Write well. Use relevant, quality imagery. Explain yourself.
- Persistence. Provide lots of ways for folks to keep in touch. Don’t be a spammer. Just be available.
- Analytics. Measure everything.
- Aesthetics. Design your site appropriately.
Conspicuously missing are things like:
- Lots of traffic.
- Beautiful design. Appropriate doesn’t always equal beautiful.
- Fancy jargon and the shiny thing of the day.
Keep it simple. Focus on what you need to do. Achieve the hell out of that. Then do it even better.
- Content marketing in a nutshell
- How to: Write a decent SEO recommendation
- 22 ways you’re making marketing difficult.
- Speak carefully
- WSJ, WTF?! Google Panda & Subdomains
- 18 random thoughts about internet marketing
- When everyone works together, SEO just works.
- 11 reasons smart people start internet marketing agencies
- 11 reasons no sane person starts an internet marketing agency
- Follow me on Twitter or Google Plus