Internet Marketing Training Course, Lesson 1 – Feedback please
Ian Lurie Mar 31 2008
I’ve just written and recorded lesson 1 of a new internet marketing training course and would greatly appreciate feedback. So, here’s the entire lesson, no registration or payment required:
Lesson 1: Internet Marketing Basics & Conversation Marketing [HTML version]
Lesson 1: Internet Marketing Basics & Conversation Marketing [Podcast Version]
Biggest questions on my mind:
- Would anyone pay for access to this stuff?
- Can I launch with 5-8 lessons and add more later?
- Will my voice suck out your will to live, leaving you a dried carcass by the side of the road? (I swear I’ll put more feeling into it when I re-record)
Give it a read, or a listen, and let me know what you think in the comments below.
Going to go put on my thick skin now…
I’ve been working on this course for a while now. But Brian Clark’s great Teach Sells gave me a much-needed kick in the butt. This lesson and others will be ‘live’ in the next month.
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint.He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More
- Google Custom Affinities Is Here: What You Should Do
- Announcing RainGage
- The Marketing Stack, aka: Why Do You Keep Getting Fired?
- Open Letter to CMOs: Confessions of a Digital Marketing Agency
- Why Brand Managers Must Sweat the Small Stuff… and it’s ALL Small Stuff
- The Humungous Guide to Content Strategy