My Own Dog Food
Ian Lurie Jun 5 2006
Here’s a quick case study: Me.
I’ve been marketing my book a bit for a week now, and had a nice burst of orders on the first weekend. Then things tailed off. A look at my traffic report told me folks are getting to the page and reading about the book , but not buying it.
Which either means 1) They don’t want my book or 2) Something is discouraging them from ordering. Since I can’t do much about 1 just yet, I focused on 2, and made these changes:
- Made sure folks know that shipping is now via US Mail 3 Day, rather than UPS.
- Made the cover screen shot a link to order the book.
Now we’ll see if I like my own dog food, or choke on it…
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More
- Marketing Tactics so Contagious, Even a Professional Isn’t Immune
- The Marketing Stack, aka: Why Do You Keep Getting Fired?
- Everything I Needed To Know About Marketing I Learned Playing Dungeons & Dragons
- 6 Reasons We All Need To Stop Complaining
- Internet Marketing Lessons Learned from Walking the AWP Book Fair
- Advertising Will Soon Reach a Digital Tipping Point