Pondering Internet Marketing
Ian Lurie Jun 7 2006
I’m on a bit of an internet marketing tear this week, with my little rant yesterday, and now this post.
I’m prepping for a breakfast presentation tomorrow, which may explain it. The first question in the presentation is ‘What is internet marketing?’. Generally, when I ask that question, I get a range of answers, but none include ‘my web site’. That’s a major omission.
Your web site is the first, critical component of an internet marketing campaign. It’s not a separate project, or separate thing. You need to be considering your campaign when you build your site.
Before I get the flood of e-mails: Sure, you could use e-mail with phone numbers and skip the site, but would you?…
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More
- Everything I Needed To Know About Marketing I Learned Playing Dungeons & Dragons
- 6 Reasons We All Need To Stop Complaining
- Internet Marketing Lessons Learned from Walking the AWP Book Fair
- Advertising Will Soon Reach a Digital Tipping Point
- As Good as It Gets: What dating can teach us about email marketing.
- Open Letter to CMOs: Confessions of a Digital Marketing Agency