Problem solving with pants on
Ian Lurie Dec 14 2011
Most people are terrified of problem solving, whether they’re figuring out how to replace a flat tire or diagnose a problem on their blog. They see a problem, and run so fast their pants are literally flayed from their bodies. Why? Because:
- A failed solution = A mistake
- Solutions require time, which no one has
- Solutions require research, which few people know how to do
But good problem solving skills save time, improve projects and do all sorts of fantastic stuff for you, your career and your life. Good problem solvers are sexy!
Here’s how I usually approach problems. All in a handy-dandy cheat sheet (don’t call it an infographic):
Feel free to embed this, using this code:
You can also download the sheet in PDF.
Note: Print at your own risk. It’s humungous.
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More
- Open Letter to CMOs: Confessions of a Digital Marketing Agency
- Why Brand Managers Must Sweat the Small Stuff… and it’s ALL Small Stuff
- The Humungous Guide to Content Strategy
- Portent’s Top 10 Posts of 2013 (So Far…)
- Parallax Scrolling? HTML5 Animations? Why We’re Falling for New Design Techniques
- How Google Ruined Marketing