Video: Google Webmaster Tools (Reality TV Version)
Ian Lurie Jan 2 2008
Google’s webmaster tools are a great search marketing tool. But they’re also a fantastic internet marketing tool, because they let you peek into the heads of your audience, and see how search engines (and probably your customers) are classifying you.
I recorded a brief video about it, and provided some quick guidance on getting set up:
Online Videos by Veoh.com
Or watch the hi-res version here. Note that it’s 61 megabytes – not a quick download.
This was indeed the reality TV version of my webcast. No script, plus my kids and their friends playing in the background. They were playing Harry Potter, so if you hear screams of “expecto patronum!” that’s why. I was not being attacked by dementors.
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More
- Open Letter to CMOs: Confessions of a Digital Marketing Agency
- Why Brand Managers Must Sweat the Small Stuff… and it’s ALL Small Stuff
- The Humungous Guide to Content Strategy
- Portent’s Top 10 Posts of 2013 (So Far…)
- Parallax Scrolling? HTML5 Animations? Why We’re Falling for New Design Techniques
- How Google Ruined Marketing