What real SEOs do
Ian Lurie May 14 2010
Last week I was talking to a potential client. She asked my price. I said “$4000/month”. She said “Well, what do the guys who charge $300/month do?” Her tone said something more like, “You worthless piece of crap, you’re ripping me off.”
So, here’s your answer: What my team does when you hire us. I am lifting my kimono, baring my soul, and otherwise putting our entire SEO process out on display. I feel reasonably safe doing so, since this stuff changes so fast that by the time all the incompetent chuckleheads are done copying it, it’ll be obsolete:
I did remove frequency from the table. No reason for me to tell you all how often we do all this. I also left out stuff like exactly how we do it all. So copy away!
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More
- The Marketing Stack, aka: Why Do You Keep Getting Fired?
- Open Letter to CMOs: Confessions of a Digital Marketing Agency
- Why Brand Managers Must Sweat the Small Stuff… and it’s ALL Small Stuff
- The Humungous Guide to Content Strategy
- Portent’s Top 10 Posts of 2013 (So Far…)
- Parallax Scrolling? HTML5 Animations? Why We’re Falling for New Design Techniques