Why Does (most) Marketing Suck? CM Summit Presentation
Ian Lurie Nov 24 2008
Just wrapped up my Conversational Marketing Summit presentation titled ‘why does most marketing suck?’.
In it, I review:
- A brief history of marketing, as told by beer.
- Why and how you should select, rather than accumulate, customers.
- How you can better listen to your audience.
- The meaning of life. At least as a marketer.
I also answer several specific questions about social media, PPC and the like.
Here’s the recording:
You can also see it at full size: Click here.
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More
- The Marketing Stack, aka: Why Do You Keep Getting Fired?
- Open Letter to CMOs: Confessions of a Digital Marketing Agency
- Why Brand Managers Must Sweat the Small Stuff… and it’s ALL Small Stuff
- The Humungous Guide to Content Strategy
- Portent’s Top 10 Posts of 2013 (So Far…)
- Parallax Scrolling? HTML5 Animations? Why We’re Falling for New Design Techniques