Why Does (most) Marketing Suck? CM Summit Presentation
Ian Lurie Nov 24 2008
Just wrapped up my Conversational Marketing Summit presentation titled ‘why does most marketing suck?’.
In it, I review:
- A brief history of marketing, as told by beer.
- Why and how you should select, rather than accumulate, customers.
- How you can better listen to your audience.
- The meaning of life. At least as a marketer.
I also answer several specific questions about social media, PPC and the like.
Here’s the recording:
You can also see it at full size: Click here.
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint.He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More
- Google Custom Affinities Is Here: What You Should Do
- Announcing RainGage
- The Marketing Stack, aka: Why Do You Keep Getting Fired?
- Open Letter to CMOs: Confessions of a Digital Marketing Agency
- Why Brand Managers Must Sweat the Small Stuff… and it’s ALL Small Stuff
- The Humungous Guide to Content Strategy