10 ways to get into big trouble in marketing
Ian Lurie Apr 29 2012
- Base your campaigns on the ‘average’ customer.
- Only follow the data.
- Never follow the data.
- Skimp on content.
- Wait for perfection (hint – you’ll never get it).
- Leave design to designers (hint – you need to know about it, too).
- Leave development to developers (hint – see above).
- Use empty controversy as an outreach tool.
- Ignore the art in what you do.
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More