10 Greatest Comment Spam Subjects of All Time
Ian Lurie Jan 15 2008
Timewaster alert! There is nothing of practical use in this post. It’s funny though.
I was poring through my comment list today, feeling a bit punchy, so I made a list of spam subject lines. I’ve left out the inevitable grossness, drug advertisements, etc.. So, here are the 10 that made me choke on my lunch:
- Jewish Beef Brisket. Wow. How’d they know I was Jewish? I was worried for a while, then discovered that every other blogger I know was deluged with the same thing. Relieved that my role in the Great Zionist Conspiracy is safely concealed, I moved on…
- The Bull is Back. I got that one today, as my stock portfolio clogged the financial toilet bowl.
- You are in Denial. Well yeah, of course I am. But not about the stuff this message referred to. I’ll leave it at that.
- You Are Great!!!!!!!!!!!!! I counted to make sure I got the number of exclamation points right.
- You are unprepared. Probably from the same person who told me I’m in denial, yet great.
- You’re In My Soul. Yikes. Not sure what to make of that.
- TAKE PART IN THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.
- Buy our cheeseburgers. Seriously? You’re trying to sell cheeseburgers in comment spam on my internet marketing blog?
- Pigs do barrel rolls. OK, that’s cool. I want to see that. Seriously.
- Tsgiliat garsngrb. Phlmandai! I can only say Rthaosiaufdawne! and hope they heard me.
Back to useful stuff.
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint.He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More