My weirdest referring keywords
Yeahhhh I have no idea what to blog tonight. But I happened to take a peek at my referring keywords report in Google Analytics. Here are the weirdest of the bunch:
- Monster trucks. I know the post that draws the traffic, but how the hell do I still rank for this phrase?
- Snidely Whiplash. Again, I know the post. It’s just weird, is all.
- Hobbits. I’m too tall for this.
- Lemming. 47 clicks in 30 days.
- Dr evil mini me. 31 clicks.
- Sarah Palin hot. God save me.
- Ass 18. God save all of us.
- Porn keywords. Actually, just put us all out of our misery.
- Nude scenes on the net. …
- Ian carrot. Make it stop oh please what are these people thinking?
- Lederhosen wedgie. At this point, I stopped, afraid of what else I’d find.
Update: OK, I lied. The home run of weird was someone finding my site with this phrase: “i nominate tunafish. if that’s a word then i’d like to order a chickenbird sandwich or a steakcow with a baked potato.”
Another update: Now I can’t stop. I’m finding stuff like “beware networt”, “can a gun make your head explode”, “how to tie an inchworm” and “donkeyf —k”. Bwah? There are more, but I can’t type them without getting embarrassed.
Another another update (I’m going to be up all night I can tell): “marketing finger polish”, “spastic squirrel”
My advice: Don’t review your referring keyword list below #100 or so. You’ll be up all freaking night giggling insanely.
I promise, tomorrow I’ll have something more, er, useful.