Portent Open House: How to Party in a Historic Building
How is it going, Portent?
I’d like to field this question: it is going great.
Maybe I’m just feeling great because of what happened last night.
What happened last night?
You remember that Portent moved downtown to Seattle’s Smith Tower in June. Since then, life has been a lot like the 1996 blockbuster film The Rock starring Nicolas Cage and Sean Connery. And by that I mean it’s been incredibly awesome.
And when life is like a blockbuster film, you need to throw a high-profile party. That’s exactly what happened last night.
Who wants to party?
Portent could not have grown so much without the help of a lot of people:
- Clients and partners. Without them, we would just be 30-ish people sitting around picking our noses (or trying to get Siri to do it for us). Portent’s excellent clients and partners work with us to create online marketing efforts that we can all be proud of.
- Competitors and peers. They may be our competitors, but the Internet is a big place, and there is room for all of us. Our relationships with our competitors and peers benefit all parties, and keep Portent operating at the highest level possible.
- Colleagues, friends and family. They give us advice, pats on the back, and they form the incredible community we thrive in.
There is no better way to say thank you than a party.
Did you have a fabulous time?
We mixed and mingled all night.
Bring on the Portinis.
Nothing says classy like a signature martini. And who doesn’t want a food or drink named after them? (Still trying to get Quiznos to name that bacon sub with extra bacon after me)
If you want to celebrate Portent at home with your friends, grab some Sky Vodka, Blue Curacao, Simple Syrup and Meyer Lemon Lemonade.
Would you like to play a game?
If you have never played competitive hangman,
you haven’t lived – you haven’t ensured the death of a helpless stick figure.
The competition got fierce once everyone realized the top prize was a Nexus 7. Client against client, competitor against competitor, father against son* – it all happened. (*The father against son thing did not happen)
The best part: Internet marketing buzz words. Guessing “edgerank algorithm” is a lot harder than guessing “puppy” (or even “puppy algorithm,” which would be adorable).
Just checked my watch; it is swag-o-clock.
Did I mention that Portent has some incredible clients? I did, so I’ll make this brief. On top of the free-flowing Portent swag, our clients contributed mountains of awesome gifts for party-goers.
Just a few of the awesome items we’re now in possession of:
- USB drive wristbands. I can take knowledge with me wherever I go.
- New t-shirts (I look fabulous in them).
- Tiny, mini flashlights for tiny, mini situations.
A good time was had by all.
And that’s all I have to say about that.
This was a celebration for Portent. We’re glad people we care about were able to come celebrate with us. I’ll let some more pictures do the rest of the talking.