Things I learned this week
Ian Lurie Sep 24 2009
- Google confirmed they ignore the keywords meta tag. Thank you thank you thank you!
- Seth Godin makes mistakes. At least, according to Danny Sullivan and Lisa Barone. And me, if it matters. You still rock, Seth, but own up, OK?
- Google will never, ever give up on social media and wiki stuff.
- I cannot care for goldfish.
- No brand can remain silent when they screw up. Not even American Girl.
- Bidding on brands is even making it to TV.
- America’s infrastructure is doomed. Remember I said this six months from now, when my office is underwater.
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint.He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More