An SEO Case Study
Ian Lurie Jan 27 2007
Veoh.com is a client of ours – they run an online video network. Don’t think YouTube, think NBC.
We’ve been working with them on search engine optimization, bragging modestly. They’ve made a huge collection of changes to their site infrastructure, started blogging, and worked hard on high quality content to which folks want to link.
The results are just starting to come in:
I am immensely proud of the result, and of their sticking with the ethical, long-term approach. You don’t get these kinds of results by tricking the search engines. You get them by building great content and great relevance.
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint.He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More
- 5 Ways Your Site Might Fail Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test
- My (Insanely Large) List of SEO Tools & Other Useful Resources
- Google’s Data Highlighter: Your New Favorite Backup Plan
- How I Know Which of Your Links Are Bad – Link Profile Review Tips
- Search Awards 2014 – Best SEO Campaign
- Announcing Our SERP Preview Tool