Five Great Ways to Remain Invisible
Ian Lurie Feb 9 2007
Feel like search engines are just a pest? Don’t want any annoying customers on your web site? Then these tips are for you:
- Ignore title tags. Who needs ‘em?
- Go 100% graphics. It’s prettier, right? Why bother with actual text?
- Keep out of it. Don’t ever blog, discuss, or otherwise mention your site in any medium.
- Use loooooong URLs. Why use www.mysite.com when www.mysite.com/en/us/?-this=1234091284as;dlfjkaeorwiuawe0948230498 will do the same thing?
- Copy like crazy. Plagiarize content from other, better-ranked sites to your heart’s content. Sure, the search engines may ban you in response to a complaint, but who cares?
A little Friday fun after a week of situations that needed a laugh track…
Chairman & Principal Consultant
Ian Lurie is Chairman and Principal Consultant of Portent Inc., an Internet marketing agency that has provided Internet marketing, including PPC, SEO, social and analytics services, since 1995. Read More