FUD Prevention: Google Website Optimizer
Ian Lurie Apr 10 2007
I just posted a bit about Google Website Optimizer, and potential SEO issues. It appears I may be guilty of FUD* mongering. Lest I be tagged as such:
Robert Gorell at FutureNowInc.com says it’s very, very unlikely that use of the tool would lead to penalties from Google.
I’m still less sure about Yahoo – look for follow-up info in the coming weeks.
* Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint.He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More
- 5 Ways Your Site Might Fail Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test
- My (Insanely Large) List of SEO Tools & Other Useful Resources
- Google’s Data Highlighter: Your New Favorite Backup Plan
- How I Know Which of Your Links Are Bad – Link Profile Review Tips
- Search Awards 2014 – Best SEO Campaign
- Announcing Our SERP Preview Tool