Ian Lurie Nov 30 2006
Google appears to be doing an update right now (what they call a ‘data refresh’).
It’s not a full on Google Dance. I call it more of a Google Wiggle. So if you’re one of those folks who watches your rankings obsessively, whimpering every time you slip a spot, the next day or two may be a bit exciting.
Why this always happens right in the middle of the Christmas shopping season, I don’t know. I just go buy some Tums, rent some funny videos and hold on tight…
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint.He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More
- 5 Ways Your Site Might Fail Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test
- My (Insanely Large) List of SEO Tools & Other Useful Resources
- Google’s Data Highlighter: Your New Favorite Backup Plan
- How I Know Which of Your Links Are Bad – Link Profile Review Tips
- Search Awards 2014 – Best SEO Campaign
- Announcing Our SERP Preview Tool