I talk local search for Boomertechtalk
Ian Lurie Oct 5 2010
Linda Sherman and co. just launched a new blog called Boomertechtalk. The site offers everything from backup advice to marketing tips.
Linda interviewed me about local search and posted my semi-coherent ramblings on the blog:
If I’m a little incoherent, I’ll note that the previous 48 hours included:
- Me recovering from King Kamehameha’s Revenge. 2010 was The Year of the Gut Crisis for me.
- 12 hours later, me spending 2 hours bent over the rail, hurking my guts up, on a ‘sunset cruise’ that involved (no exaggeration) 10+ foot seas and the crew yelling ‘WE MADE IT’ after we got back to shore.
- Plus, me being out in direct sunlight, which, theoretically, might have caused me to vanish in a screaming puff of smoke.
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint.He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More
- 5 Ways Your Site Might Fail Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test
- My (Insanely Large) List of SEO Tools & Other Useful Resources
- Google’s Data Highlighter: Your New Favorite Backup Plan
- How I Know Which of Your Links Are Bad – Link Profile Review Tips
- Search Awards 2014 – Best SEO Campaign
- Announcing Our SERP Preview Tool