Rel = canonical: Refuge for the weak-minded? You make the call
Ian Lurie Aug 12 2010
My SearchEngineLand.com column this month is titled “Why I still Hate rel=canonical“.
It’s because, see, I used to hate it. And I still do. Because it’s stupid.
Don’t flame me here, though. You can go ahead and do it right on Search Engine Land, and get lots more support:
Why I still Hate rel=canonical
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint.He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More
- 5 Ways Your Site Might Fail Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test
- My (Insanely Large) List of SEO Tools & Other Useful Resources
- Google’s Data Highlighter: Your New Favorite Backup Plan
- How I Know Which of Your Links Are Bad – Link Profile Review Tips
- Search Awards 2014 – Best SEO Campaign
- Announcing Our SERP Preview Tool