Free e-book: Social Media Monitoring w/ Google Reader
Ian Lurie Aug 12 2009
I’ve been kind of a jerk lately, even by my standards. My guilt is your gain, though – I just finished writing an e-book, and I’m making it available free, no strings attached:
The Fat-Free Guide to Conversation Monitoring shows you how to monitor what folks say about you in social media using Google Reader and a few keyword searches.
You can read it online in Scribd format, or download it, both from this link:
Disclaimer: There are some exceptionally cool social media monitoring tools out there. I am in no way trying to say you can do what those tools do using nothing but Google Reader. But it’s a great way to start.
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint.He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More
- Allies, not rockstars: Influencer research for us mortals
- Social Bowl XLVII: Why a Mid-Sized Firm or Small Business Must Play Its Own Game on Sunday
- The social candidacy: The elections Facebook influenced
- Social media politics: Portent goes primetime on KOMO 4 News
- Best Practices: New Twitter Headers and Mobile Updates
- 6 reasons to ignore Facebook search (for now)