Top Internet marketing firm Portent, Inc. seeks a talented developer with a focus on Python and a hunger for tool and app creation. A great candidate has proven development experience within the world search advertising. We’re looking for a self-motivated, team player who works well under pressure and with little supervision.
- Minimum 1 year experience with Google App Engine, Django and/or Flask
- Minimum 3 years experience with SQL databases.
- Familiarity with NoSQL desired, but not required
- Knowledge of at least one other programming language, preferably Ruby, PHP, Perl, and/or Java
- Proven ability to work in teams, produce code others can use, and use APIs to access other tools
- Ability to unit test, optimize and streamline existing apps, as well as your own code
- Team player with strong communication and people skills
- Comfortable using a *nix command line
- The ability and eagerness to learn
Primary responsibilities include building tools and applications for search optimization, website analysis, and competitive research.
How to Apply to Portent
Please don’t call. We’re Internet people. Email your resume and a cover letter that includes a one-sentence pitch as to why you should join our team to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will go through a brief phone screening before an in-office interview.
Flexible schedule, full medical/vision, casual dress environment, and valuable training/learning opportunity in an important and growing field of Internet marketing.
About Portent, Inc.:
Like a clever viral ad, our Internet marketing agency provides an atmosphere of zealous strategy and unwavering wit. We’re driven experts devoted to delivering top-notch work and learning top-notch skills. Our ideal candidate thrives in a choose-your-own adventure environment where each day is different, and where you are free (and encouraged) to customize your work experience. Why not work in a place where your advancement is determined by your initiative?