Web Designer / Front-End Web Developer at Portent, Inc.
Top internet marketing firm Portent, Inc. seeks skilled web designer / front-end web developer with an allegiance to art and a major crush on code. A great candidate must be self-motivated, work well in a team, under pressure and with little supervision. This is a 3-6 month contract position to start with the option to become a full-time employee.
- Must have experience with Drupal, WordPress and/or PHP-driven sites and a thorough understanding of browser compatibility issues.
- Must have expertise in responsive design, semantic coding using HTML5, Standards-compliant CSS 3, and implementing jQuery solutions.
- Sass / Compass skills are a plus.
- Proficient Photoshop skills required. Must be able to optimize images for web.
- Must be able to turn creative designs into efficient, fast and responsive sites.
- Creative design skills are a major plus.
- Must adapt well to pre-established design brands and the coding environments of clients.
Your challenge is to apply creativity and strategy to every design component for a myriad of clients and a variety of projects. Regular duties include designing websites, banners, email layouts, social media campaigns, infographics, and coding and maintaining HTML, Drupal and WordPress sites.
Sound like a great day at the office? Send an intro email/cover letter, resume, portfolio (or link to online portfolio) and a one-sentence pitch as to why you should join our team to: careers[at] portent.com
Don’t call us, we’ll call you. Applicants that meet the initial requirements will be contacted for a short 15 minute phone interview. Successful phone interview candidates will be asked to come in office for an interview and complete a design and code assessment as part of the final selection process. Final candidates will be brought back for a 2nd team interview before a decision will be made.
Like a clever viral ad, our internet marketing agency provides an atmosphere of zealous strategy and unwavering wit. We’re driven experts devoted to delivering top-notch work and learning top-notch skills. Our ideal candidate thrives in a choose-your-own adventure environment where each day is different, and where you are free (and encouraged) to customize your work experience. Why not work in a place where your advancement is determined by your initiative?