Front-End Developer at Portent, Inc.
Portent, Inc., one of the top rated internet marketing firms in the US, seeks a skilled front-end developer with some design skills an allegiance to art and a major crush on code. A great candidate must be able to learn, laugh at yourself, laugh with others, tell stories with passion and work with little supervision.
- Must have experience with WordPress, Joomla and/or PHP-driven sites and a thorough understanding of browser compatibility issues.
- HTML – Do you know best practices for accessibility, SEO, and tag diversity?
- CSS – Do you know how styles cascade? Can you discuss display properties and the rules of specificity with confidence?
- JS – Knowledge of JQuery is a must. You should still know how to do things in raw JS.
- Can you explain event delegation and variable scope(closure)?
- You should also be familiar with Ajax, JSON, and event handlers.
- Proficient Photoshop skills. Must be able to take a static file and create valid CSS/HTML.
- Must also be able to convert older existing websites into modern, responsive sites.
- Ability to communicate your ideas with team members and clients
Not mandatory but a major plus:
- Creative design skills.
- Mobile app development.
- Knowledge of AngularJS, Ember.js, Yeoman.
- Sass/Compass skills.
- Git/CVS familiarity.
- Experience with Node.js or Python.
- You use a Mac (we develop mostly on Mac’s).
- Ability to tell a good story and laugh at jokes from others.
Your challenge is to stay up to date with web technologies while applying creativity and strategy to every design component for a myriad of clients and a variety of projects. Regular duties include building responsive websites, interactive effects, email layouts, social media campaigns, facebook games, internal tools and more. Oh almost forgot, of course coding and maintaining HTML, Drupal and WordPress sites.
Sound like a great day at the office? Send a short intro email/cover letter, resume, portfolio (or link to online portfolio) and a one-sentence pitch as to why you should join our team to: careers[at] portent.com
Applicants that meet the initial requirements will be contacted for a short 15 minute phone interview. Successful phone interview candidates will be asked to come in office for an interview and complete a code assessment as part of the final selection process. Final candidates might be brought back for a 2nd team interview before a decision will be made.
Like a clever viral ad, our 18 year old internet marketing agency provides an atmosphere of zealous strategy and unwavering wit. We’re driven experts devoted to delivering top-notch work and learning top-notch skills. Our ideal candidate thrives in a choose-your-own adventure environment where each day is different, and where you are free (and encouraged) to customize your work experience. Why not work in a place where your advancement is determined by your initiative?
We are a growing agency with 44 hard working (most of the time) team members. We are looking for people that want to work, have fun and share wacky things that happen in your daily life. Come by and join us in our Pioneer Square office tower.