Have you mastered the art of social on behalf of a variety of brands, targeted to a variety of audiences? Do you delight in taking “tough” social media questions from clients and translating them into actionable advice? Do you eat obscure Facebook Insights data for breakfast? Do you long to build a long term relationship with a wacky, fun, professional team with one of Seattle’s smartest internet marketing agencies? Read on.
Having a Facebook account and Twitter following isn’t enough. Loving social media isn’t enough. We need an experienced, detail-oriented social media professional with the savvy to dig into the “why” behind the “what” and the experience to think beyond social platforms, to tap into how to create real-world awesome that gets people talking. Proven social media chops and strong business writing and editing skills are essential.
As a social division, we value transparency, expertise, and Portent’s teaching-and-learning culture. With our clients and each other we’re natural teachers and coaches: with how quickly social changes and adapts, it’s necessary that we bring both expertise and curiosity to this work in order to deliver top-notch results for our clients.
If you share those values, and meet or exceed the requirements below, then we need to talk.
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail, copyediting, and writing skills, and the ability to generate polished, publishable, client-ready copy on tight schedules
- Experience publishing to Facebook and Twitter as an administrator on behalf of a company or brand
- Experience analyzing social analytics both from scratch and using dashboard-based tools
- Experience working in online marketing in-house with brands and in an agency setting
- Ability to juggle social “listening” and monitoring with work on projects and deliverables, and the ability to switch gears to work on both tactical and strategic projects
Send a resume and/or URLs for a blog/online portfolio, a cover email, and a writing sample to email@example.com. The form of your writing sample isn’t important: it can be a blog post, a memo, a written strategy – whatever you choose. Just show us that you can:
- Take a social media question, platform, or issue,
- Research it,
- Analyze it, and
- Present actionable client-ready advice in response.
A big part of this work is drafting “how to” / advice work for clients about social topics: a few recent ones have included a primer on the Facebook promotion guideline changes; a LinkedIn Company Page how-to; a “curation basics” document that we customize with suggestions specific to clients; an analysis of a client’s Facebook Negative Feedback; a launch plan for a client brand video; and an influencer identification and outreach strategy. Your writing sample doesn’t need to be on one of these topics, but it’ll certainly get more attention if it shows your ability to deliver this type of advice work.
About Portent, Inc.
Portent is a Seattle-based full service internet marketing company. Founded in 1995, Portent has grown into one of the nation’s premier firms, helping business clients achieve their goals by utilizing expert knowledge in the realms of SEO, paid search, social media, analytics, copywriting, web development, and more. Portent’s approach has succeeded in industries ranging from technology to travel, for B2B, B2C and B2G companies and is now poised for even greater growth within an expanding industry.
Portent is committed to working with smart, curious and high-performing leaders who embrace the principles of integrity, respect, personal responsibility, teamwork and growth.