Senior Presentation Layer Designer Developer
We are seeking a Senior Presentation Layer Designer Developer to join our team in building the most bad ass client facing web analytics solution known to man. This role bridges the creative and technical aspects of project delivery. You’ll implement the presentation tier including front-end and server-side technologies, merging the technical architecture. To achieve this integrated approach, you must have a fundamental understanding of the creative aesthetic while implementing technically across a variety of platforms and frameworks. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of the presentation layer development including all project related browser and server technologies responsible for rendering the user experience.
- Responsible for coding the execution of complex designs and interactions that reflect the creative and art direction provided within the established technical framework
- Responsible for creation of all coded presentation layer deliverables
- Works well as a team member, understanding how a team operates and what is expected of the various roles on the project
- Able to shift between a creative and a technical focus depending on the project need and/or the type of project
- Establishes presentation layer requirements
- May need to rapidly produce interim deliverables (such as style guide components, technical specifications, browser and market analysis, prototypes, proofs of concept, etc.) in addition to the final live site or application
- Participates in developing supporting proposal materials for projects
- Participates in scoping and planning work
- Participates in writing detailed technical and functional specifications documentation
- Able to take initiative to research and learn emerging technologies
- At least 4-6+ years of experience hand-coding HTML5, CSS3 and other UI technologies
- Experience using .NET MVC, ASP.NET, JSP, Spring, PHP or other frameworks used to develop dynamic web pages
- Expertise developing and testing across multiple browsers, platforms, DOM implementations, etc.
- Experience with XML: XSLT, DTD or Schema modeling, DOM/XPath/SAX parsing
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) and version control systems
- Experience with Analytics Solutions (e.g. Omniture, Google Analytics, WebTrends)
- User Interface Design, Information Architecture, graphic design experience is a plus
- Understanding of good design principles and ability to adhere to complex design specifications during implementation
- Experience developing accessible websites (Section 508, W3C WAI Guidelines, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to accurately estimate and scope development work
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with clients and partners as a trusted advisor
Like a clever viral ad, our internet marketing agency provides an atmosphere of zealous strategy and unwavering wit. We’re driven experts devoted to delivering top-notch work and learning top-notch skills. Our ideal candidate thrives in a choose-your-own adventure environment where each day is different, and where you are free (and encouraged) to customize your work experience. Why not work in a place where your advancement is determined by your initiative?
How to Apply to Portent:
Send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.