Director of Paid Search
We’re searching for a Director of Paid Search to lead our awesome (and nerdy) paid search team. The Director of PPC works directly under with the VP of Search Marketing and alongside the Directors of Social Media and SEO as well as with the Portent sales and marketing teams to maximize inbound sales opportunities and internal marketing projects.
We’re looking for someone who thinks big, moves fast, and can adapt to the ever changing landscape of PPC. And can understand (or least tolerate) our Star Trek TNG and Futurama references.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a PPC team of 6 employees, including workload balancing, training, scheduling, education, and mentorship.
- Keep up to date and ahead of trends in paid search, new rollouts, and updates in the industry. Communicate those changes and what they mean to the PPC team and other teams at Portent as necessary.
- Implement and identify efficient and effective processes and methodology to apply the Portent PPC workflow.
- Perform quality check audits and act as a resource for the PPC and Client Services teams for management questions and issues.
- Develop initiatives and/or execute initiatives as assigned by the VP of Search.
- Supervise management of small business PPC program at Portent, including revenue generation, marketing, and overhead.
- Create collateral for Portent use and to represent Portent to build the visibility of the PPC Team through blogs, webinars, speaking at conferences, and workshops.
- Minimum 5 years as a PPC strategist, 2-3 years in PPC personnel management.
- Advanced understanding of PPC management, including display, remarketing, CSEs, analytics, and 2nd/3rd tier engines.
- Excel wizardry.
- Experience in PPC sales.
- Published content on the web on PPC either via a company blog or guest post.
- A plus: experience in public speaking on PPC.
- Self-motivated, dynamic, intellectually curious.
- Current AdWords Certified Individual and Bing Ads Accredited. GAIQ a plus.
- Awesomeness and a true passion for PPC.
Portent, Inc. is one of North America’s elite Internet marketing agencies. Headquartered in Seattle, Wa. and founded in 1995, Portent is a full service digital marketing agency with in-house design, creative, and development teams that include experts in analytics, SEO, content creation, social media, and paid advertising. Portent provides value and delivers results to some of the world’s largest B2C and B2B brands. Learn more at portent.com.
How to Apply to Portent
To apply, send a resume and a cover letter to: careers(at)portent.com. In your cover letter, please include a PPC ad about yourself that follows AdWords character limits and editorial guidelines.
Want to learn even more about the position? Check out the accompanying Portent blog post.