Portent contributes to 30% YOY revenue increase for Kate Spade
Kate Spade is a premiere designer and manufacturer of women’s fashion. Based in New York, the Kate Spade brand is highly sought after and aspirational. With 42 retail shops across the United States, Kate Spade is also an online force with its partner brands Jack Spade and Saturday.
Kate Spade contracted Portent’s integrated marketing services in September of 2012 with the goal of increased sales through organic traffic growth.
Results at a Glance
- 30% overall revenue increase YOY, including a 9% revenue increase from non-paid search traffic
- 22% more unique visitors from organic search
In order to achieve Kate Spade’s goal, Portent focused on increasing site visits, specifically targeting new visitors.
- Extensive keyword research which determined which non-branded keywords rank and drive traffic
- Comparative analysis of Kate Spade’s major competitors in the ecommerce space
- Technical analysis and optimization, which included identifying “infinite loops” which lead to many instances of duplicate pages
- Updating title tags and meta descriptions to reflect seasonality
- Consulting on category description copy
Portent’s analysis and implementation of a thoughtful optimization strategy led to major wins for Kate Spade. In one year, online revenue skyrocketed, which included a 9% jump in revenue specifically attributed to non-organic search traffic.