Ask Ian to speak at your event
Ian’s a dynamic, entertaining marketing speaker and teacher. Invite him to speak at your next event!
Where he speaks
Ian’s presented at:
- Ad:Tech Tokyo
- Emerging Media Conference (mini-keynote)
- Internet Marketing Conference Calgary
- Search Engine Strategies San Jose
- OMS Seattle
- Northwest Entrepreneur Network
- Pubcon Las Vegas
- Pubcon South
- The SDMA
- Search and Social Hawaii
- SEMPDX Searchfest, ’08, ’09 and 2010
- SMX West
- SMX Stockholm
- Wordcamp Seattle
- The WSA
- A bunch of others
Ian’s been speaking about Internet marketing since 1998. Please: No remarks about his age.
He’ll speak about whatever you like. What he never does is promote his company or himself. His sessions are focused on teaching and entertaining. Some suggestions:
- Conversation marketing. My strategic overview of Internet marketing, from search engines to e-mail to social media. Great for marketers looking to understand the online world.
- Web site reviews. I do a live review of one or more web sites, teaching the crowd along the way. This is a fantastic education tool, and provides real value to the site owners. See my Wordcamp presentation video, below, for an example.
- Web copywriting. Tips and techniques for writing great online copy.
- Search engine optimization secrets. How to move a your site up in the rankings, minus the hocus-pocus and nonsense you often hear.
- Connecting to your audience. Using social media and your site to build a real, positive connection with your audience.
- The changing online landscape. How new technologies, mergers and individuals are influencing Internet marketing, and what it means for us marketers.
You can pick the topic. These are just ideas to get you started.
If you read Ian’s blog, you have a decent idea of his speaking style. He uses humor and directness, with a little creativity. He strives to simultaneously entertain and teach. He’s never rude, and generally stick to a PG-13 script.
A little proof
Videos and such of Ian’s past talks:
This is a 5-minute summary of a talk I gave at Emerging Media Conference 2011:
And here’s a video of my presentation at WordCamp Seattle in 2009:
Also, never let it be said that he’s not expressive:
And, here are a few comments folks have made about Ian’s presentations:
“Ian gave a fabulous presentation about Design and SEO and how they (should) work together and answered a lot of great questions.“
“Ian was a great presenter and you can tell he knows his stuff. Well worth my time.“
“An engaging speaker.“
“Ian made Internet marketing simple, fun and educational. He connects really well with his audience and helps them understand the more complex side of the business with wry humor and plain language. I left his presentation having learned something new…“
“Ian is an entertaining speaker who provided a substantive presentation on writing for the web for lawyers at Foster Pepper. Given his law degree, he was able to speak their language and worked closely with the marketing director to specialize his presentation according to the firm’s needs. He also took time in advance to review the attorneys’ activities on the web to point out room for improvement. Evaluations came back unanimously positive.“
So, you want Ian to speak at your event, huh?…
Send him an e-mail: ian AT portent DOT com to get started.