7 Things Most Web Analytics Packages Can Tell You
Ian Lurie Apr 18 2007
- Where people are coming from (what web site).
- What keywords they use to find you.
- Which pages on your site are most popular.
- Which pages on your site drive people away.
- How much time visitors spend on your site.
- How many people come to your site.
- Which days of the week are the busiest.
There are certainly others. But if your web traffic reporting doesn’t give you at least this much, look around. There are plenty of free or really low-cost options that will. For example:
CEO & Founder
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent and the EVP of Marketing Services at Clearlink. He's been a digital marketer since the days of AOL and Compuserve (25 years, if you're counting). He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Smashing Magazine, and TechCrunch.Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, Seattle Interactive Conference and ad:Tech. He has published has published several books about business and marketing: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle, The Web Marketing All-In-One Desk Reference for Dummies, and Conversation Marketing.Follow him on Twitter at portentint, and on LinkedIn at LinkedIn.com/in/ianlurie. Read More