11 ways to be a schmuck
Ian Lurie Nov 19 2009
- Use Twitter auto-follow tools.
- Cut other people down.
- Sell products you know are crappy.
- Don’t take advice. Ever.
- WRITE E-MAILS IN ALL CAPS.
- Misuse words. Amelioratingly.
- Latch onto one idea and don’t let go. Two legs good, four legs baaaaad.
- Whatever you do, never admit you’re wrong.
- Whatever you do, never stop reminding others of their mistakes.
- Let fear rule your marketing.
- Sell to the loophole, not the customer.
CEO & Founder
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent and the EVP of Marketing Services at Clearlink. He's been a digital marketer since the days of AOL and Compuserve (25 years, if you're counting). He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Smashing Magazine, and TechCrunch.Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, Seattle Interactive Conference and ad:Tech. He has published has published several books about business and marketing: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle, The Web Marketing All-In-One Desk Reference for Dummies, and Conversation Marketing.Follow him on Twitter at portentint, and on LinkedIn at LinkedIn.com/in/ianlurie. Read More