5 Easy Tips for Internet Marketing Best Practices
Ian Lurie Mar 26 2007
- Provide an easy way for folks to reach you.
- Answer e-mail information requests in less than a day.
- Make sure every page loads in 3 seconds or less on a broadband connection.
- Make sure your site looks the same in Internet Explorer 6 and 7, Firefox 1 and 2.
- Let people opt in. Let people opt out.
That’s it. Do those 5 simple things, and you’ll be in the top 10% of web sites.
CEO & Founder
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent and the EVP of Marketing Services at Clearlink. He's been a digital marketer since the days of AOL and Compuserve (25 years, if you're counting). He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Smashing Magazine, and TechCrunch.Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, Seattle Interactive Conference and ad:Tech. He has published has published several books about business and marketing: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle, The Web Marketing All-In-One Desk Reference for Dummies, and Conversation Marketing.Follow him on Twitter at portentint, and on LinkedIn at LinkedIn.com/in/ianlurie. Read More